Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Happy Lunar New Year

I hope those who celebrated the Lunar New Year had a great time.  The Lunar New Year is typically celebrated for 15 days, some celebrate for 7 days.  My family celebrated the eve of Lunar New Year and 3 consecutive days after that.  Definitely lots of food and lots of family time. 

I really wanted to wear red this year.  New year, new clothes.  I went shopping hoping to find something nice that I could wear to the family celebrations.  It was a tough mission.  My sister and I agree that we just couldn't find anything.  This seasons Spring collection seems to be a lot of floral-inspire, pinks and a very bright color palette.

Empty handed and disappointed as I was, I went through my closet to look for the one cream-ivory dress that I had purchased last summer but never wore.  I absolutely hate buying clothes and not wear it.  I've donated so many brand new clothes that I can not even begins to tell you how ridiculous it was.  Why did I do that??  I'm so glad that I got pass that, and only purchase pieces that I know I will wear at least 5 times.  Rule of thumb when it comes to buying pieces: only buy it if you know you're going to wear it at least 5 times. 

Anyway, in this case, I was so glad I had a new dress to wear because as they say 'out with the old and in with the new'.  Wear new clothes to welcome the new year. 

Fergalicious: Black pumps: $29.99
 
Lara's Closet: Dress $49.95

Make-up, I went with light and fresh because when I think of Chinese New Year, I think pink and white peach blossoms.  Which was precisely what my grandparents and my auntie had decorated in the family living area for the family celebration.

Face:
Makeup Forever HD foundation
Laura Mercier mineral finish powder
Nars Laguna bronzer
Avon Classic Aura True color blush

Eyes:
Eye shadow primer
Urban Decay Sin eyeshadow
Mac Satin Taupe eyeshadow
Elf black cream eyeliner
Maybelline falsies mascara
Anastasia Brunette brow powder duo

Lip:
Avon Rose lip stain marker


Photo to the right is taken with camera flash.  I love how this foundation really stands up to flash photography, bright or harsh lighting.  Creating a much soft-focused effect.  Luminous, but not overly-shiny.




Wishing everyone a healthy and prosperous year of the Dragon!

No comments:

Post a Comment