Monday, January 9, 2012

ELF Cream Eyeliner

New favorite beauty product of the moment?  ELF cream eyeliner!

 This stuff is amazing for the price.  At $3.00 a pop, I have to say it is beyond goodness.  I've never used eyeliner that comes in a pot before because I have always thought products in pots tend to dry out faster and you'll have to toss the product out before you'll ever get the chance to make a dent in the product.  But at $3.00, I couldn't resist and needed black eyeliner that was going to stay put without smudging.

 I've tried tons and tons of eyeliners from pencils, liquid liners, creams, gels to shadow liners... from low-end to high-end brands and everything in between, with lots of hits and misses. 

Let's get down to it!  Elf's cream eyeliner is super creamy, has great pigmentation, glides on super smooth, and sets very nicely within a minute (gives me just enough time to fix any mistakes with a q-tip before staying put).  I like that I can create super thin lines or extremely bold thick lines with ease.  With a good primer, this one last me all day without the smudge. 

I've gone hiking a few times this past week in the sunny southern Cali weather with this liner and it hasn't failed me yet.  My eyelids tend to get slightly oily on warm days, and it was able to hold on without smudging.  I've been using it everyday for 3 weeks now and the product is still as creamy as the first day.  I'm not sure how long the product is going to last before it starts it dry out in the pot, but until then... it's totally worth trying out.  Oh, and it comes with a decent mini slant-eyeliner brush.    

As for my favorite eyeliner of all times, it's a toss up between Stila's shadow liner, Elf's cream liner and Mark's 'get in line' liquid liner.

What is your favorite eyeliner?  Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment