Thursday, January 26, 2012

Favorite 'feel good' moments

We're in the middle of winter and I'm already itching for Spring time to grace me with it's breezy, sunny days.  I miss it so much, but thank goodness for So Cal weather, Autumn and Winter never really seems to stay for long.

I was having one of those feel good days where you wake up in the morning and the first thought in your mind is "today is going to be a good day".  I guess my little sister was feeling it too, she texted me early morning if I wanted to have brunch with her, it was just too nice of a day to stay in.

After brunch, my boyfriend suggested we head out to the west side to cruise along the ocean.  We loaded our bikes onto the butt of the car and off we went.

My sister couldn't remember that last time she had been on a bicycle, so she was thrilled and feeling a little nostalgic.  Needless to say, we sputter a few giggles at her first few seconds back on a bicycle.  Once you learned how to ride a bike, you can never truly forget how to ride do you?    

We spent the rest of the afternoon riding along the beach, going as far as the road allowed.  We all seemed to have lost track of time that evening.  The weather was just perfect and before we knew it, we've gone 10 miles along the coast and only realized that the evening has arrived when the sun was nearly touching the horizon of the never ending shiny water.  The sunsets here in Southern California are spectacular.  Despite the hustle and bustle of the city life that surrounds this area, it can be so quiet and peaceful.  I love it when the tides washes up the shore and erases all evidence of other people, makes it feel like you're the only person there.  It's amazing how the sight, sound and smell of ocean can just erase the unpleasant sense of loss.

Ending a perfectly good day with good ol' ice cream sandwich at our favorite ice cream shop.  Oh, the simple things in life =)

What is your favorite 'feel good' moment  

No comments:

Post a Comment