Thursday, May 10, 2012

Cross-Body Bag

My biggest issue with purses and bags is that they always tend to slip off my shoulders.  If I'm out for a long time, the straps start to dig into my shoulders, painful right?  Shoulders get really soar, I'm carrying things in my bag that I don't really need to be carrying around all the time.  My last 3 bag purchases have been cross-body bags.  I have always been a large bag kind of girl.  I tend to purchase bags that are just big enough for me to slip a thin cardigan inside.  Living in L.A you never know when you'll need a cardigan when you're out and about.  It could be 90 degrees outside, and then you walk into a restaurant or the movies and the air-con is on blast... COLD.

My newest addition...
Elliot Lucca: cross-body bag $49.99

My current fashion favorite and here's why... 

Style.  Comes in designs for just about anyone: vintage, chic, casual, sporty, rocker chic, sophisticated, to the glits and glamorous.  Just because they're called cross-body doesn't mean you have to always wear it across your body.  I know cross-body bags can fall between the chest in the most unflattering way, with that said, the one-shoulder look suits just as well.  But you'll always have the option of pulling it over your body when needed.
 
Convenience.  Not only are they stylish, they are hands-free in times of need.  Those dreaded grocery shopping bags that causes your purse to slip off every time you bend your knees to gather up those bags.  Just slip it over your body and worries-free.

Security.  Knowing your purse and important belongings are always with you.  One less thing to worry about.  Especially during travels, crazy fun events, parties and amusement parks.

Normally, I steer away from bags that have logos and names embedded anywhere on the bag.  Even though this bag had Elliot Lucca right smack in the center, I could not veer my eyes away from the look and feel of the bag.  The design has a little everyday luxury and classy look, does it not?  The leather is soft and subtle, the woven detail on the flap is pretty, and the strap is adjustable!  I could shorten the strap to a shoulder bag for an entirely different look.

The strap is skinny, but its not digging into my shoulders because the bag is small enough where I barely feel the weight of it.  I never thought I would be one for cross-body bags, now I have 3 completely different styles. 

Lastly, I love it because It has helped me with my posture as well as limiting me to carrying the essential things.  The weight is literally lifted off my shoulders, and I hardly have shoulder pain any longer.

I'm a total 'cross-body' convert.  Are you into cross-body bags?    

No comments:

Post a Comment