Sunday, September 9, 2012

Celebrating: Etsy 1 Year

 
One year ago, from today, I ventured back into what I loved and missed the most... arts and crafts.  My friends tell me all the time that I'm a crafty person, but I have always loved art in forms of colors, pencils, paper and paint... and never really got into crafts even though I was pretty good at it when I wanted to be.  

Until my good friend Lora, bless her heart, introduced me to Etsy.  She made me a crochet turtle as a thank you gift because she was moving up north, to the Bay Area, to start a new life.  That's when it hit me... She's a CRAFTER!  I've known her for 12 years, and for those 11 years I never knew she was into crafts.  I've always wanted a crafting buddy or an artsy friend, and she is that to me.  Funny how we learn something new. 

Then blogging, then fabric, then yarn, the intro to Michaels craft store (omg, I was in heaven), stamps and card-making, scarp-booking, I love it all.  Through etsy and blogging I have discovered so many creative and talented people.  I dipped my toes into the crafting world and am now knees deep, and I don't think I'm ever coming out.  

Within this one year...
  • Etsy is my inspiration and my heart    
  • I opened an Etsy shop, FancifulChaos
  • I went to my very first craft fair, and now I attend most if I can
  • Make more cards and gifts, than I do buy
  • Developed a huge collection of crafting stuff than I have storage
  • Discovered Washi Tape (I know, I'm so late), it's my latest obsession
  • Wow to cling stamps
  • Make jewelery
  • Realize vintage is actually pretty cool and strangely beautiful
  • Blogging
and so much more... that if I sat down to write out all the new things that I have gotten myself into, it would be quite a long list.

One Etsy year later, I have 355 sales, 128 awesome feedbacks from creative people from around the world, and 199 Etsy admirers.  And knowing that fills me with excitement and humbleness.  The cherry on top... every month just gets better and better, so Thank You!

Here's to celebrating FancifulChao's Etsy 1 Year.  A give-away!
To enter this give-away:
  • Leave a comment in this post telling what/who inspires your creativity (in art, fashion, music, photography, etc).  Even though winner will be chosen in a random hand-drawing, I'd love to hear your story.
 Winner will win (your choice) any one item from my Etsy Shop
Give-away ends Friday, September 14th midnight (12:00 a.m)
Winner will be announced the following day, Saturday, September 15th

It's been a wonderful journey so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment