Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pretty Birthday Card

A Birthday card I created for my friend Lora this summer.  Because we don't see each other that often, our goal this summer was to go on lots of fun adventures and do lots of crafting.






We both love crafts, and this gives us a reason to go craft shopping.  I got a Jo-Ann gift card and created a pocket to neatly tuck the card in place.  A little bit of glue and washi tape to hold the pocket for sturdiness, and to also add fun whimsical texts.

Curious as to how to created the green floral embellishment?...
Using a cloud punch, punch out several clouds on pattern paper.  Form them into cones and secure with a dab of glue.  Glue the cones together, adding a button and twine for extra detailing.

Here we are at the LA Renegade Craft Fair this summer.  I must say the Renegade Craft Fair was pretty awesome.  I literally wanted to buy everything.  The RCF is up in Chicago this weekend, I wish I could go.  One day I hope to have a booth in a craft fair, oh... to dream. 

Now that the end of summer is nearing, I am crafting friend-less.  She's back up in norcal and I'm in socal without a craft buddy.  Summer came and went... and fast, we didn't even have time to squeeze in a single craft project this entire summer, or much adventure... sad.  Even though its going to feel like summer for another month or two here in California, I still go by the the actual time the seasons begin and end.

So I am more than happy to welcome Autumn.  I've been patiently waiting for fall season to grace me with patches of scarlet, and piles of falling leaves littering the grounds.  And rain... how I miss you.  Usually, I want summer to go year round because I love warm weather, but now I'm taking a liking to cooler weather and cozy-under-the-cover-weekends.

Autumn... I'm waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment