Friday, November 30, 2012

I Cannot Stop Smiling

I have been crossing my fingers for the past few days and trying to patiently wait for the post to reach its destination, the mail box of a possible partnership. 

Just a little before Thanksgiving Holiday, I received an e-mail from a lovely lady at Terrain.  I've never heard of the company before, but she introduced herself and told me a little about Terrain.  Just learning that Terrain was a new division to URBN and a  sister company to three of my favorite stores, Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, and Free People, it already had me smiling ear to ear.

Terrain is just oh so lovely, I love everything about it.  Especially with the holidays upon us, I just might be able to cross off a few gifts off the list.  As I was browsing their online shop, I already want to pick up so many little pretty things... I just could not help myself...



See what I mean?  
 
Back to the e-mail that had me feeling so ecstatic throughout my Thanksgiving holiday.  Terrain expressed an interest in my mason jar cards and asked me to send in a sample packet for their upcoming Valentine's Day Collection.  When I saw that, I was floored, elated, dream come true... what?!?  Is she for real?  That is like on the verge of getting your book published!  Well... to me it felt that way.  So I pondered around the idea for a few days over the holiday and I just could not pass it up.  It's what I've been waiting for, wishing for, hoping for, even dreamed about... just to know that your little creations have a nifty little spot in an actual store sounds pretty darn amazing to me, especially sitting next to the many other wonderful paper goods. 
 
On Tuesday, I excitedly packed and sealed my cards, said a little prayer and dropped it in the post. 
 
This morning, I woke up to a rainy day, my favorite kind of weather because it quiets my heart.  Rainy day gives me relief and helps put my mind at ease and I have space and time to reflect about the things I often don't think about but know it always runs through the back of my mind.  I made myself a mug of warm tea, and slipped right into my moccasins and straight to my morning e-mails...
 
Hi Nancy,
 I got your sample today! Thanks you so much for rushing this out to us, we absolutely love them!

That's all I needed to see before I let out the breathe I've been holding and started jumping for joy.  I could not have asked for a better end-of-the-year-moment, I feel incredibly delighted and honored.

It looks like the month of December just got a little more busy for me, and I have to say... I don't mind it at all.  I'm excited for new things to come and I can't wait to get started. 

My friend Lora once asked me, what is my happiest memory, this is one of them.  I dream about it and never expect it, but am so grateful and happy that it's coming true.

What is your happiest memory?  Tell me a story.    

No comments:

Post a Comment