Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sprung on Pretty Packaging

As of late, my little etsy shop has been doing better than it's ever been.  The dream catcher bracelets are my newest addition to the shop.  I have been experimenting with packaging, and playing around with how I want to send out orders to my customers.  My bits and pieces of scrap piles have been sitting in a basket for a long time, and it's getting full.  I have been finding new ways to use them.

So I came up with these little cuties

My newest die cuts make bunting so much fun.

And tabs... I didn't know what to do with these at first.

Used my new favorite toy (sewing machine) to seal the packages, by sewing across the top.

Little bits of scraps are used as mini flag tabs. 

I love getting packages and letters in the mail, and I love gift wrapping... I always have.  Earlier in the month, I sent a package to my friend, and she said "It was the highlight of her month" wow right?  That made me really happy too.  I knew she was going through difficult times, so I spruced up her package by making her package extra special.

I think they are so cute and whimsical.  I think it adds an extra touch of special to take the time to make the package look pretty, makes it feel like a gift.  It took me a while to find my way with my packaging, I'm happy with the result.

Are you a sucker for pretty packaging?  I am -_-  Pretty packages make me smile, and I always imagine the smile on the receiver of the package.

As always, be creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment